Wednesday, July 18, 2012

It's Working....Thanking God for my GITS!


Ok.So I just have to share the sweetest story real quick.Every night we have a routine before bed. Tubbie (which we have the best tea parties, kennedy is the best hostess) Books, Prayers and Bed time. So after we finish our books which Kennedy usually always trys to add 2-3 more books at the end.We say our prayers. We do the whole Now I lay me, down to sleep and Kennedy repeats after Mommy. Then Mommy goes on to Thank God for all the blessings, gifts and prayers needed in our life. So the other night, we finished  the Now I lay me part and then Kennedy started naming, babies, blankies, mommy & daddy, cousin Ryder & Hopie. I looked at her and said sweetie, what are you doing? She looked up at me and said Thanking God for my gits.(she tried to say gifts)  OMG! It brought tears to me eyes. I immedialty yelled for Lee and completley ruined Kennedy's prayer. I was so proud and emotional at once. You go through daily routines- brush your teeth, no popsicle until you finish your vegetables, please share. And you wonder if it is making an impression. "Thanking god for my gits"...Well it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment